Published: Jan 1957
| ||Format||Pages||Price|| |
|PDF (272K)||10||$25||  ADD TO CART|
|Complete Source PDF (5.4M)||10||$55||  ADD TO CART|
During World War II, due to a possible severe restriction in the supply of zinc, the War Metallurgy Committee of the National Research Council initiated work to determine under what conditions lead could be substituted for zinc. It is interesting to note that lead also became in short supply near the end of the war before the results of these tests could be put to use. Part of the work involved the preparation of a large number of panels coated with lead and other deposits for outdoor exposure. This was done in 1943 at Battelle Memorial Institute under the direction of H. A. Pray. The panels were exposed in early 1944 and the inspection and evaluation thereof taken over by ASTM Committee B-8 on Electrodeposited Metallic Coatings. The details of the plan of tests and the results have been previously reported.
DuRose, A. H.
Manager, Harshaw Chemical Co., Cleveland, Ohio