Environmental Product Declarations
Published Product Category Rules
Product category rules are defined in ISO 14025 as a set of specific rules, requirements, and guidelines, for developing environmental declarations for one or more products that can fulfill equivalent functions. PCR determine what information should be gathered and how that information should be evaluated for an environmental declaration.
ASTM International has published the following PCR.
- PCR for Asphalt Shingles, Built-up Asphalt Membrane Roofing and Modified Bituminous Membrane Roofing
- PCR for Clay Brick, Clay Brick Pavers, and Structural Clay Tile
- PCR for Construction Aggregates: Natural Aggregate, Crushed Concrete, and Iron/Steel Furnace Slag
- PCR for Decorative Overlays for Use on Composite Wood Panels
- PCR for Expanded Shale, Clay, and Slate Lightweight Aggregate
- PCR for Glass Mat Gypsum Panels
- PCR for Interior Architectural Wood Door Leaves
- PCR for Manufactured Concrete and Concrete Masonry Products
- PCR for North American Pressure-Treated Wood Products
- PCR for Portland, Blended Hydraulic, Masonry, Mortar, and Plastic Stucco Cements
- PCR for Power-Operated Pedestrian Doors and Revolving Doors
- PCR for Precast Concrete
- PCR for Segmental Concrete Paving Products
- PCR for Single Ply Roofing Membrane
- PCR for Slag Cement
- PCR for Spray-applied Fire-Resistive Materials (SFRM)
- PCR for Water-Resistive and Air Barriers
Published Environmental Product Declarations
An Environmental Product Declaration (EPD) provides quantifiable environmental data to compare products that fulfill the same function. In order to create comparable EPDs, they must follow the rules and guidelines called for in the associated PCR.