Volume 34, Issue 4 (July 1989)

    Sudden Death by Inhalation of Cyclopropane

    (Received 27 June 1988; accepted 10 October 1988)

    CODEN: JFSOAD

      Format Pages Price  
    PDF 2 $25   ADD TO CART


    Abstract

    This paper reports the case of a 22-year-old white male who was found dead in a storage room as a result of a fatal ingestion of cyclopropane. Cyclopropane is a sweet-smelling, irritating gas. Autopsy findings revealed congestion and hemorrhagic edema of the lungs, congestion of the trachea, and early autolysis. Cyclopropane was determined by headspace gas chromatography and mass spectrometry. To our knowledge, this is the first reported fatality involving cyclopropane.


    Author Information:

    Krause, JG
    Greene county coroner and chief investigator, Greene County Coroner, Xenia, OH

    McCarthy, WB
    Greene county coroner and chief investigator, Greene County Coroner, Xenia, OH


    Stock #: JFS12730J

    ISSN: 0022-1198

    DOI: 10.1520/JFS12730J

    ASTM International
    is a member of CrossRef.

    Author
    Title Sudden Death by Inhalation of Cyclopropane
    Symposium , 0000-00-00
    Committee E30