To promote the knowledge and advancement of the science of temperature measurement by:
* Aiding and advising the technical committees of the Society in the preparation of standard methods and in the development of apparatus;
* Sponsoring technical meetings and symposia independently or in cooperation with other organizations;
* Promoting research and development on applicable methods and associated materials;
* Formulating specifications and methods of test for temperature measuring apparatus and nomenclature;
* Assembling consolidated source books covering all aspects relating to accuracy, application, and usefulness of thermometric methods; and
* Coordinating the Committee activities with those of other ASTM Committees and other organizations.