SYMPOSIA PAPER Published: 01 January 1949
STP43962S

Performance of Inhibited Transformer Oils

Source

The fiftieth anniversary of the invention of the parallel connection of transformers (1) and of the transformer with closed magnetic circuit (2) was celebrated in 1935 (3). The first commercial transformer built on these principles was placed in operation in Budapest, Hungary, on May 1, 1885, by three Hungarian engineers, Zipernowsky, Déri, and Bláthy, of Ganz & Co. A. G. Budapest. The following year, George Westinghouse, who correctly anticipated the possibilities of the alternating current to be realized by the transformer, commissioned William Stanley to build and operate the first American transformer at Great Barrington, Mass.

Author Information

von Fuchs, George
, Niagara Falls, N. Y.
Price: $25.00
Contact Sales
Related
Reprints and Permissions
Reprints and copyright permissions can be requested through the
Copyright Clearance Center
Details
Developed by Committee: D09
Pages: 28–53
DOI: 10.1520/STP43962S
ISBN-EB: 978-0-8031-5912-9
ISBN-13: 978-0-8031-6066-8