Recognizing members who have made significant contributions to your committee and to ASTM is an important part of our process and serves a number of purposes.
- Recipients appreciate the recognition of their peers.
- Recognition encourages members to keep participating.
- Awards allow members to show their employers that their efforts are appreciated and have made an impact within their industry. This can garner support from the member's company for their continued participation.
We recognize the value of an active committee awards program by providing annual financial support, allowing for a number of awards to be presented at no expense to the committee.
Committee members can be recognized for a number of reasons, including:
- Serving as the technical contact for a new standard or a major revision to an existing standard
- Being an outstanding subcommittee or task group chairman
- Serving as a main committee officer
- Leading the effort for a symposium or workshop
- Tenure on a committee
- Dedicated service through significant committee contributions over time
Please consider taking an active role in member recognition. Your staff manager can answer any questions.