About this journal
The journal is published continuously in one annual issue online. Papers are published online as they are approved and edited. Special Issues may also be published on specific topics of interest to our readers.
Advances in Civil Engineering Materials provides high-quality, papers on a broad range of topics relating to the properties and performance of civil engineering materials.
Materials Covered: (but not limited to)
- Polymers and polymeric composites
- Other materials used in civil engineering applications (for example, pavements, bridges, and buildings, including nonstructural building elements such as insulation and roofing), and environmental systems (including water treatment)
Core Topics Covered:
- Materials characterization, such as chemical composition, nanostructure, and microstructure
- Physical materials properties, such as strength, stiffness, and fracture behavior
- Materials constructability, such as construction methods, quality control/assurance, life cycle analysis, and sustainability
- Materials durability
Papers may present experimental or modeling studies based on laboratory or field observations. Papers relating to sustainability of engineering materials or to the impact of materials on sustainability of engineering structures are especially encouraged.
First Look Papers
Note to users: The section First Look Papers contains peer reviewed and accepted articles
to be published in this journal. When the final article is assigned to an issue of the journal,
the First Look Papers version will be removed from this section and will appear in the associated journal issue.
John E. Haddock, Lyles School of Civil Engineering, Purdue University, West Lafayette, IN, USA
Jason H. Ideker, School of Civil and Construction Engineering, Oregon State University, Corvallis, OR, USA
Editorial Board Members
- Dr. Matthew P. Adams, New Jersey Institute of Technology, Newark, NJ, USA
- Mr. Archis Ramesh Ambulkar, OCT Water Quality Academy, North Highlands, CA, USA
- Dr. Matthew J. Bandelt, New Jersey Institute of Technology, Newark, NJ, USA
- Dr. Tara Cavalline, University of North Carolina, Charlotte, NC, USA
- Dr. Xingwei Chen, Louisiana Department of Transportation and Development (LADOTD), Baton Rouge, LA, USA
- Dr. Erdem Coleri, Oregon State University, Corvallis, OR, USA
- April Doerr-Snyder, RJ Lee Group, Inc., Monroeville, PA, USA
- Dr. Thano Drimalas, The University of Texas at Austin, Austin, TX, USA
- Mr. Andrew Fahim, Giatec Scientific Inc., Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
- Dr. Christopher Ferraro, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL, USA
- Dr. Adam J. T. Hand, University of Nevada Reno, Reno, NV, USA
- Dr. Shiho Kawashima, Columbia University, New York, NY, USA
- Dr. Yong-Rak Kim, Texas A&M University, College Station, TX, USA
- Dr. Stacey E. Kulesza, Texas State University, San Marcos, TX, USA
- Dr. Eric N. Landis, University of Maine, Orono, ME, USA
- Dr. Eyal Levenberg, Technical University of Denmark, Kongens Lyngby, Denmark
- Dr.-Ing. Miomir Miljković, University of Niš, Niš, Serbia
- Dr. Phalguni Mukhopadhyaya, University of Victoria, Victoria, BC, Canada
- Dr. Amir Poursaee, Clemson University, Clemson, SC, USA
- Dr. Claudiane M. Ouellet-Plamondon, École de Technologie Supérieure, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
- Dr. Lin Shen, University of Hawai'i at Manoa, Honolulu, HI, USA
- Dr. Xiang Shu, California Department of Transportation, Sacramento, CA, USA
- Dr. Arijit Sinha, Oregon State University, Corvallis, OR, USA
- Paul Stutzman, NIST, Gaithersburg, MD, USA
- Dr. Prannoy Suraneni, University of Miami, Coral Gables, FL, USA
- Dr. Jussara Tanesi, American Engineering Testing, Inc., St. Paul, MN, USA
- Dr. Kejin Wang, Iowa State University of Science & Technology, Ames, IA, USA
- Andreas Wolf, Dow Corning GmbH., AETS Global Construction Industry, Wiesbaden, Hessia, Germany
- Feipeng Xiao, Tongji University, Shanghai, China
- Dr. Lingyun You, Michigan Technological University, Houghton, MI, USA
- Xiong (Bill) Yu, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, OH, USA
- Dr. Pablo D. Zavattieri, Purdue University, West Lafayette, IN, USA
How does it work?
You receive a User ID and Password to login to your subscription.
Online only: $280
*Individual subscriptions provide single user access for 12 months via username and password.
Individual article downloads available for $25 directly from the website
How does it work?
Access is by IP address.
Online only: $469
Please contact Sales
or call 1-877-909-ASTM.
**Institutional subscriptions provide single site (one geographic location) access for 12 months via IP address.
For Multi-site subscription and pricing, please contact Sales or call 1-877-909-ASTM.