Soil Laboratory Technician eLearning Program
About the Program
ASTM's eLearning program on laboratory soil testing covers important laboratory testing techniques. The program is intended to bridge the gap between written standards and the laboratory experience for laboratory technicians, QA/QC professionals, and anyone who needs familiarity with these ASTM Standards.
Each course in this program contains:
- Self-guided training with video demonstration or state-of-the-art animation, checklists, concept presentations, glossaries
- A copy of the relevant ASTM Standard
- Interactive review opportunities and a quiz with automatic grading
- Certificate upon successful completion of course
Courses in this Program
- D698 Standard Test Methods for Laboratory Compaction of Soil Standard Effort
- D1140 Standard Test Methods for Determining the Amount of Material Finer than 75-μm (No. 200) Sieve in Soils by Washing
- D1557 Standard Test Methods for Laboratory Compaction of Soil Modified Effort
- D2166 Standard Test Method for Unconfined Compressive Strength of Cohesive Soil
- D2488 Standard Practice for Description and Identification of Soils (Visual-Manual Procedures)
- D6938 Standard Test Methods for In-Place Density and Water Content of Soil and Soil-Aggregate by Nuclear Methods (Shallow Depth)
- D6913 Standard Test Methods for Particle-Size Distribution (Gradation) of Soils Using Sieve Analysis
- D7928 Standard Test Method for Particle-Size Distribution (Gradation) of Fine-Grained Soils Using the Sedimentation (Hydrometer) Analysis
Credit and Certificates
CEUs and PDHs are provided upon successful completion of each course. Most courses in this program provide 0.1 CEUs or 1 PDH. Please see individual course listing for more information.
A certificate is available upon successful completion of each course and an 80% or higher score on the quiz.
Related eLearning Programs
This eLearning Program serves as an excellent foundation for ASTM personnel certifications. Explore further details about our certification programs.
All ASTM online courses are available for a 1 year subscription on ASTM's Learning Center for a Single User Only via username/password. Training cannot be shared. For multi-user access and pricing, contact sales here or call 1-877-909-ASTM.
Internet access is required.