Asphalt Mixture eLearning Program
About the Program
ASTM's Asphalt Mixture eLearning Program covers 13 common ASTM Test Methods and Practices commonly used in Asphalt Mixture Labs. The courses are a key tool to supplement existing internal lab QA/QC programs.
Each course in this program contains:
- Self-guided training with video demonstration or state of the art animation, checklists, concept presentations, glossaries
- A copy of the relevant ASTM Standard
- Interactive review opportunities and a quiz with automatic grading
- Certificate upon successful completion of course
ASTM Standards Referenced
- D70 Standard Test Method for Density of Semi Solid Bituminous Materials (Pycnometer Method)
- D2041 Standard Test Method for Theoretical Maximum Specific Gravity and Density of Bituminous Paving Mixtures
- D2172 Standard Test Methods for Quantitative Extraction of Asphalt Binder from Asphalt Mixtures
- D2726 Standard Test Method for Bulk Specific Gravity and Density of Non-Absorptive Compacted Bituminous Mixtures
- D3203 Standard Test Method for Percent Air Voids in Compacted Dense and Open Bituminous Paving Mixtures
- D3549 Standard Test Method for Thickness or Height of Compacted Asphalt Mixture Specimens
- D4867 Standard Test Method for Effect of Moisture on Asphalt Concrete Paving Mixtures
- D5361 Standard Practice for Sampling Compacted Asphalt Mixtures for Laboratory Testing
- D5444 Standard Test Method for Mechanical Size Analysis of Extracted Aggregate
- D6752 Standard Test Method for Bulk Specific Gravity and Density of Compacted Bituminous Mixtures Using Automatic Vacuum Sealing Method
- D6925 Standard Test Method for Preparation and Determination of the Relative Density of Asphalt Mix Specimens by Means of the Superpave Gyratory Compactor
- D7227 Standard Practice for Rapid Drying of Compacted Asphalt Specimens Using Vacuum Drying Apparatus
- D7906 Standard Practice for Recovery of Asphalt from Solution Using Toluene and the Rotary Evaporator
- D8225 Standard Test Method for Determination of Cracking Tolerance Index of Asphalt Mixture Using the Indirect Tensile Cracking Test at Intermediate Temperature
Certificate and CEUs
CEUs and PDHs are provided upon successful completion of each course. Most courses in this program provide 0.1 CEUs or 1 PDH. Please see individual course listing for more information.
A certificate is available upon successful completion of each course and an 80% or higher score on the quiz.
A digital badge will be issued for you to display to share your achievement with the successful completion of all courses in the program.
All ASTM online courses are available for a 1 year subscription on ASTM's Learning Center for a Single User Only via username/password. Training cannot be shared. For multi-user access and pricing, contact sales here or call 1-877-909-ASTM.
Internet access is required.