Cetane Testing eLearning Program
About the Program
ASTM's Cetane Testing eLearning Program enables lab technicians to improve their skills through industry-leading, self-guided, online training. The eLearning courses are a key tool to supplement existing internal lab QA/QC programs.
Each course in this program contains:
- Self-guided training with video demonstration or state of the art animation, checklists, concept presentations, glossaries
- A copy of the relevant ASTM Standard
- Interactive review opportunities and a quiz with automatic grading
- Certificate upon successful completion of course
ASTM Standards Referenced
The Cetane Testing eLearning Program includes all the following courses. Courses are available for purchase individually. Each course can be completed in about one hour.
- D86 Standard Test Method for Distillation of Petroleum Products at Atmospheric Pressure -- eLearning Course
- D93 Standard Test Methods for Flash Point by Pensky-Martens Closed Cup Tester -- eLearning Course
- D613 Standard Test Method for Cetane Number of Diesel Fuel Oil -- eLearning Course
- D1298 Standard Test Method for Density, Relative Density, or API Gravity of Crude Petroleum and Liquid Petroleum Products by Hydrometer Method -- eLearning Course
- D1319 Standard Test Method for Hydrocarbon Types in Liquid Petroleum Products by Fluorescent Indicator Adsorption -- eLearning Course
- D2622 Standard Test Method for Sulfur in Petroleum Products by Wavelength Dispersive X-ray Fluorescence Spectrometry -- eLearning Course
- D4052 Standard Test Method for Density, Relative Density, and API Gravity of Liquids by Digital Density Meter -- eLearning Course
- D5453 Standard Test Method for Determination of Total Sulfur in Light Hydrocarbons, Spark Ignition Engine Fuel, Diesel Engine Fuel, and Engine Oil by Ultraviolet Fluorescence -- eLearning Course
Certificate and CEUs
CEUs and PDHs are provided upon successful completion of each course. Most courses in this program provide 0.1 CEUs or 1 PDH. Please see individual course listing for more information.
A certificate is available upon successful completion of each course and an 80% or higher score on the quiz.
A digital badge will be issued for you to display to share your achievement with the successful completion of all courses in the program.
All ASTM online courses are available for a 1 year subscription on ASTM's Learning Center for a Single User Only via username/password. Training cannot be shared. For multi-user access and pricing, contact sales here or call 1-877-909-ASTM.
Internet access is required.