American Welding Society Learning | D1.1 Code Clinic -- eLearning Course
About the Course
The AWS D1.1 Online Code Clinic provides a detailed road map through AWS D1.1 Structural Welding Code – Steel. Led by an experienced AWS instructor, participants will learn to quickly locate salient clauses and use important tables and figures in time-sensitive testing or working environments. This comprehensive, 4-hour course features detailed, easy-to-understand explanations as well as interactive questions, quizzes, and a final exam designed to help participants prepare for the code book certification exam.
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Locate salient clauses in a time-sensitive testing environment
- Use important tables and figures
- Employ successful test-taking strategies, like tabbing, highlighting, and benchmarking, based on the actual structure of the code book exam
- Deconstruct prompts in order to fully understand what the question is asking
- Module 1: Clause 1: General Requirements
- Module 2: Clause 2: Normative References
- Module 3: Clause 3: Terms and Definitions
- Module 4: Clause 4: Design of Welded Connections
- Module 5: Clause 5: Prequalification of WPSs
- Module 6: Clause 6: Qualification
- Module 7: Clause 7: Fabrication
- Module 8: Clause 8: Inspection
- Module 9: Clause 9 Stud Welding
- Module 10: Clause 10: Tubular Structures
- Module 11: Clause 11: Strengthening and Repair of Existing Structures
This course is intended for anyone:
- Anyone wishing to learn how to navigate the D1.1 code book
- Anyone seeking to prepare for Part C of our Certified Welding Inspector exam or an AWS endorsement exam
- Welding engineers, welding inspectors, welding supervisors, and shop owners
CEUs and Certificate
CEU's 0.4 or 4 PDH
Certificate: A certificate is available upon successful completion of the course and an 75% or higher score on the exam.
1 year online subscription for a Single-User Only via username/password. Requires internet access.
For pricing for Multi-User access or for more information, please contact sales here or call 1-877-909-ASTM.