Screening for Vapor Encroachment onto Property Involved in Real Estate Transactions (Certificate Available)
No options of this product are available.
About the Course
This intensive one-day course covers how to conduct VEC (Vapor Encroachment Condition) screening to identify potential vapor encroachment conditions. The course provides a complete overview of ASTM E2600 complete with case studies. You'll learn about the rationale behind the development of the standard, Tier 1 and Tier 2 screening methodology for VECs, the relationship between E2600 and E1527 (Phase I Assessment), how to manage liability associated with vapor migration, and more.
Note: This course is directed at screening properties involved in real estate transactions for potential vapor encroachment issues. Vapor encroachment screening is not equivalent to a full vapor encroachment assessment. However, screening can be particularly useful in real estate transactions.
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Discuss market driving forces for conducting VEC screening as part of environmental due diligence
- Describe how to conduct VEC screening to identify potential vapor encroachment conditions
- Discuss the relationship between E2600 and E1527
- Discuss how to manage liability associated with vapor migration
Who Should Attend
- Phase I environmental consultants
- Real estate attorneys
- Property developers
- Property investors
- Property owners and managers
- Property insurers
Registration: 8 am
Class Hours 8:30 am to 4:30 pm
- Introduction and Course Overview
- History of and Rationale for E2600
- Comparison with E2600 and relationship to E1527 Phase I
- Overview of the Standard
- Tier 1 Screening
- Noon Lunch
- Tier 2 Screening
- Case Studies
- Examination (optional)
ASTM Screening for Vapor Encroachment Certificate Program
For a fee of $95 per person, each attendee will have the option to take an examination at the conclusion of the course to receive an ASTM Screening for Vapor Encroachment Certificate. The examination will be comprised of 50 multiple choice questions. Each student who receives a score of 80% or better will receive a certificate indicating they have successfully achieved the learning objective of the course.
The benefits of receiving a certificate include:
* Providing customers a basis for evaluating qualifications of personnel providing screenings for vapor encroachment
* Helping employers judge the skills of existing or potential employees
* Allowing certificate holders to differentiate themselves from others in their profession and advance their careers
* Listing in the ASTM Directory of Certificate Holders.
ASTM E2600 Standard Guide for Vapor Encroachment Screening on Property Involved in Real Estate Transactions
- Free 1-year membership in ASTM and Committee E50 on Environmental Assessment, Risk Management and Corrective Action (Applies to new memberships only and may not be used to renew existing memberships.)
- Copy of E2600 Standard Guide for Vapor Encoachment Screening onto Property Involved in Real Estate Transactions
- Course notes
- Certificate of Attendance with 0.7 Continuing Education Units (7 Professional Development Hours)
- Coffee breaks
About the Instructor
Anthony J. Buonicore, P.E., BCEE, QEP is a past president and Fellow Member of the Air & Waste Management Association, and is the Chair and CEO of the Buonicore Group, a real estate and environmental risk management consulting company. He is also a Diplomat in the American Academy of Environmental Engineers, a Qualified Environmental Professional and a licensed professional engineer. He is a member of the ASTM E50.02 Property Environmental Due Diligence committee, former chair of its ASTM Phase I/Transaction Screen Task Group, chairman of the ASTM Vapor Intrusion Task Group, and chair of the newly formed Building Energy Performance & Disclosure Task Group. Mr. Buonicore holds both a bachelor's and master's degree in chemical engineering from Manhattan College.
About Sponsoring Committee
ASTM standards have grown to be among the world's most widely used and accepted documents. Recognizing the need for authoritative site assessment standards, ASTM pulled together environmental professionals, real estate and insurance professionals, lawyers, and government representatives. These members of ASTM Committee E50 and its Subcommittee E50.02 on Commercial Real Estate Transactions developed the standard upon which this course is based. For more information on Committee E50 contact Molly Lynak
or go to our E50
technical committee page.
Attention Professional Engineers
If your state has a continuing education requirement for license renewal, ASTM training courses should count toward your Continuing Professional Competency Professional Development Hour requirement. ASTM is an approved sponsor of PDH activities for all states that preapprove training providers.
On-Site Training Available
ASTM can bring this course to your site! On-site training courses can also be tailored to meet your specific needs. For more information, please contact sales here
or call 1-877-909-ASTM.
How Learning Will Be Assessed
Learning will be assessed through a series of question and answer sessions.
This course is also available as an online course:
You may also be interested in these related courses:
ASTM In-Person Event COVID Guidelines
To view ASTM's In-Person Event COVID Guidelines
please click here.