ASTM C1314 Standard Test Method for Compressive Strength of Masonry Prisms -- eLearning Course
About the Course
This test method covers procedures for masonry prism construction and testing, and procedures for determining the compressive strength of masonry, f mt, used to determine compliance with the specified compressive strength of masonry, f 'm. When this test method is used for research purposes, the construction and test procedures within serve as a guideline and provide control parameters.
The course can be completed in about one hour.
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Describe the steps for masonry prism construction, including grouted prisms
- List the requirements for obtaining and transporting masonry prisms in accordance with ASTM practices
- Recall the curing requirements for masonry prisms
- Describe the processes for measurements and determination of net area for constructed prisms and prisms obtained from feld-removed masonry specimens
- Recall the procedure to determine the compressive strength of masonry prisms, including steps for loading
- Identify the steps to calculate masonry prism strength and compressive strength
- Identify the reporting requirements for this test method
Anyone who runs the C1314 test method or who needs an understanding of the test method and how it is properly run.
- Demonstration Videos
- Procedural Outlines
- Data Sheet
- Referenced Materials
- Section 5 (Duration: 5:02)
- Section 10 (Duration: 2:53)
CEUs and Certificate
CEUs: .1 or 1 PDH
Certificate: A certificate is available upon successful completion of the course and an 80% or higher score on the quiz.
Reference Materials Included
1 year online subscription for a Single-User Only via username/password. Requires internet access.
For pricing for Multi-User access or for more information, please contact sales here or call 1-877-909-ASTM.
For a list of technology requirements for accessing ASTM Training please click here.