Performing Phase I Environmental Site Assessments, All Appropriate Inquiries, the ASTM E1527-13 Standard, and Environmental Due Diligence
No options of this product are available.
About the Course
This Focused 1-day Course will:
- Discuss the importance of environmental due diligence in the context of commercial real estate transactions
- Provide an overview of the bona fide prospective purchaser defense to CERCLA liability and the importance of All Appropriate Inquiries in real estate transactions
- Instruct participants on the use of the ASTM E1527-13 Phase I Environmental Site Assessment Standard Practice to comply with the All Appropriate Inquiries regulatory requirements.
- Provide an overview of the changes to the E1527 standard since passage of the Small Business Liability Relief and Brownfields Revitalization Act and the promulgation of the All Appropriate Inquiries Regulation.
This course is being offered in conjunction with EPA National Brownfields Training Conference.
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Understand the value of due diligence to commercial real estate transactions
- Understand the applicability of the All Appropriate Inquiries regulation to commercial transactions
- Become familiar with the Phase I Environmental Site Assessment process and the ASTM E1527-13 standard
- Understand how the use of the ASTM standard can affect business decisions
- Understand the changes to ASTM E1527 Phase I standard since the passing of the Brownfields amendments to CERCLA in 2002.
Who Should Attend
- Environmental Professionals
- Property Owners
- Upper Managers in Financial Organizations, Insurance Companies, and Law Firms
- Attorneys and Bankers
Room 303 David Lawrence Convention Center
Registration: 8:30 a.m.
Class: 9:00 a.m.- 3:30 p.m.
- Regulatory/Liability Overview
- Why ASTM?
- Small Business Liability Relief & Brownfields Revitalization Act
- The All Appropriate Inquiries regulation and the ASTM E1527-13 Phase I ESA Standard
- ASTM E1527-13 Phase I Environmental Site Assessment Process
- Phase I Introduction
- Records Research
- Site Reconnaissance
- Site Visit Video/Discussion
- Report Preparation
- Copy of the E1527-13 Standard Practice for Environmental Site Assessments: Phase I Environmental Site Assessment Process
- Course notes
- Sample government records review reports
- Certificate of Completion and .6 Continuing Education Units (CEUs)
- Refreshment breaks
About the Instructors
This course will be taught by an instructor who contributed to the development of E1527-13 and E1528-14, and is now involved in developing new ASTM environmental assessment standards.
About Sponsoring Committee
ASTM is one of the world's largest voluntary standards development organizations. Recognizing the need for authoritative site assessment standards, ASTM pulled together environmental professionals, real estate and insurance professionals, lawyers, and government representatives. These members of Committee E50 and its Subcommittee E50.02 on Commercial Real Estate Transactions developed the standards upon which this course is based. For more information on Committee E50 contact Kate McClung or go to our E50 technical committee page.
Free ASTM Membership
Attend this course and receive a FREE 1-year membership to ASTM International and Committee E50 on Environmental Assessment, Risk Management, and Corrective Action. (Applies to new members only and may not be used to renew existing memberships.)
Attention: Professional Engineers
If your state has a continuing education requirement for license renewal, ASTM training courses and ASTM membership can help you meet that requirement.
How Learning Will Be Assessed
Learning will be assessed through a series of question and answer sessions.
You may also be interested in these related courses: