Fuel Ethanol eLearning Program
About the Program
ASTM's Fuel Ethanol eLearning Program enables lab technicians to improve their skills through industry leading, self-guided, online training focused on the laboratory testing of Diesel Fuels. The eLearning courses are a key tool to supplement existing internal lab QA/QC programs.
Each course in this program contains:
- Self-guided training with video demonstration or state of the art animation, checklists, concept presentations, glossaries
- A copy of the relevant ASTM Standard
- Interactive review opportunities and a quiz with automatic grading
- Certificate upon successful completion of course
Courses in this Program
The Fuel Ethanol eLearning Program includes all of the following courses. Courses are available individually. Each course can be completed in about one hour.
- D381 Standard Test Method for Density, Relative Density, and API Gravity of Liquids by Digital Density Meter -- E-Learning Course
- D1613 Standard Test Method for Acidity in Volatile Solvents and Chemical Intermediates Used in Paint, Varnish, Lacquer, and Related Products -- eLearning Course
- D4052 Standard Test Method for Density, Relative Density, and API Gravity of Liquids by Digital Density Meter -- eLearning Course
- D5453 Standard Test Method for Determination of Total Sulfur in Light Hydrocarbons, Spark Ignition Engine Fuel, Diesel Engine Fuel, and Engine Oil by Ultraviolet Fluorescence -- eLearning Course
- D5501 Standard Test Method for Determination of Ethanol and Methanol Content in Fuels Containing Greater than 20% Ethanol by Gas Chromatography -- eLearning Course
- D6423 Standard Test Method for Determination of pHe of Denatured Fuel Ethanol and Ethanol Fuel Blends -- eLearning Course
- D7318 Standard Test Method for Existent Inorganic Sulfate in Ethanol by Potentiometric Titration -- eLearning Course
- D7319 Standard Test Method for Determination of Existent and Potential Sulfate and Inorganic Chloride in Fuel Ethanol and Butanol by Direct Injection Suppressed Ion Chromatography -- eLearning Course
- D7328 Standard Test Method for Determination of Existent and Potential Inorganic Sulfate and Total Inorganic Chloride in Fuel Ethanol by Ion Chromatography Using Aqueous Sample Injection -- eLearning Course
- D7795 Standard Test Method for Acidity in Ethanol and Ethanol Blends by Titration -- eLearning Course
Certificate and CEUs
CEUs and PDHs are provided upon successful completion of each course. Most courses in this program provide 0.1 CEUs or 1 PDH. Please see individual course listing for more information.
A certificate of completion is available upon reviewing the course and receiving an 80% or higher score on the quiz.
After successfully completion of this eLearning program, you may request a digital badge to share your success.
This eLearning Program serves as an excellent foundation for ASTM personnel certifications. Explore further details about our certification programs.
Related Proficiency Testing Program
All ASTM online courses are available for a 1 year subscription on ASTM's Learning Center for a Single User Only via username/password. Training cannot be shared. For multi-user access and pricing, contact sales here or call 1-877-909-ASTM.
Internet access is required.