Crude Oil eLearning Program
About the Program
ASTM's Crude Oil eLearning Program enables lab technicians to improve their skills through industry-leading, self-guided, online training focused on the laboratory testing of Diesel Fuels. The eLearning courses are a key tool to supplement existing internal lab QA/QC programs.
Each course in this program contains:
- Self-guided training with video demonstration or state of the art animation, checklists, concept presentations, glossaries
- A copy of the relevant ASTM Standard
- Interactive review opportunities and a quiz with automatic grading
- Certificate upon successful completion of course
Certificate and CEUs
CEUs and PDHs are provided upon successful completion of each course. Most courses in this program provide 0.1 CEUs or 1 PDH. Please see individual course listing for more information.
A certificate is available upon successful completion of each course and an 80% or higher score on the quiz.
A digital badge will be issued for you to display to share your achievement with the successful completion of all courses in the program.
Courses in this Program
The Crude Oil eLearning Program the following courses. Courses are also available individually. Each course can be completed in about one hour.
- D287 Standard Test Method for API Gravity of Crude Petroleum and Petroleum Products (Hydrometer Method) -- eLearning Course
- D323 Standard Test Method for Vapor Pressure of Petroleum Products (Reid Method) -- eLearning Course (NEW)
- D664 Standard Test Method for Acid Number of Petroleum Products by Potentiometric Titration -- eLearning Course
- D2622 Standard Test Method for Sulfur in Petroleum Products by Wavelength Dispersive X-ray Fluorescence Spectrometry -- eLearning Course
- D4006 Standard Test Method for Water in Crude Oil by Distillation -- eLearning Course
- D4377 Standard Test Method for Water in Crude Oils by Potentiometric Karl Fischer Titration -- eLearning Course
- D4629 Standard Test Method for Trace Nitrogen in Liquid Hydrocarbons by Syringe/Inlet Oxidative Combustion and Chemiluminescence Detection -- eLearning Course
- D5002 Standard Test Method for Density, Relative Density, and API Gravity of Crude Oils by Digital Density Analyze -- eLearning Course
- D5708 Standard Test Methods for Determination of Nickel, Vanadium, and Iron in Crude Oils and Residual Fuels by Inductively Coupled Plasma (ICP) Atomic Emission Spectrometry -- eLearning Course
- D6560 Standard Test Method for Determination of Asphaltenes (Heptane Insolubles) in Crude Petroleum and Petroleum Products -- eLearning Course
This eLearning Program serves as an excellent foundation for ASTM personnel certifications. Explore further details about our certification programs.
Related Proficiency Testing Program
All ASTM online courses are available for a 1 year subscription on ASTM's Learning Center for a Single User Only via username/password. Training cannot be shared. For multi-user access and pricing, contact sales here or call 1-877-909-ASTM.
Internet access is required.