ASTM D664 Standard Test Method for Acid Number of Petroleum Products by Potentiometric Titration -- E-Learning Course
About the Series
ASTM's Petroleum Lab Technician Series enables lab technicians to improve their skills through industry leading, self-guided, online training. The e-learning courses are a key tool to supplement existing internal lab QA/QC programs.
Each course includes:
- Self-guided training complete with video demonstrations, checklists, concept presentations, data sheets and glossaries
- Quiz with automatic grading
- Certificate upon successful completion of course and passing score on the quiz.
ASTM E-Learning Center
All ASTM online courses are available by subscription on ASTM's E-Learning Center. The E-Learning Center provides advanced features that let you set up learning plans, track learning progress and compliance, and run reports.
About the Course
This test method covers procedures for the determination of acidic constituents in petroleum products, lubricants, biodiesel and blends of biodiesel.
The course can be completed in about one hour.>
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Identify the characteristics of the manual and automatic titration apparatuses
- Recall the preparation, testing, maintenance, and storage of the electrode system
- Recall the steps for standardization of the apparatus
- Identify the relevant practices and steps used to prepare the sample specimen
- Identify the procedural steps for acid number and strong acid number (Procedure A)
- Describe the required steps for performing the calculation (Procedure A)
- Describe the process for performing quality control checks (Procedure A)
- Identify the reporting requirements for acid number or strong acid number (Procedure A)
- Identify the procedural steps for the Titrant 0.01 M Alcoholic KOH (Procedure B)
- Recall the calculation for KOH Solution Molarity and Acid Number (Procedure B)
- Describe the process for performing quality control checks (Procedure B)
- Identify the reporting requirements for acid number of biodiesel and blends (Procedure B)
Anyone who runs the D664 test method or who needs an understanding of the test method and how it is properly run.
- Demonstration Videos
- Procedural Outlines
- Data Sheet
- Referenced Materials
- 8.1 Electrode System (Duration: 5:43)
- 9.1 Standardization of Apparatus (Duration: 1:21)
- 10.1 Procedure (Duration: 1:08)
- 12.1 Preparation (Duration: 10:25)
- 18.1 Procedure (Duration: 4:46)
CEUs and Certificate
CEUs: .3 or 3 PDH
Certificate: A certificate is available upon successful completion of the course and an 80% or higher score on the exam.
Reference Materials Included
This training course is part of the following certificate programs:
1 year online subscription for a Single User Only via username/password. Requires internet access.
For pricing for Multi-User access or for more information, please contact sales here or call 1-877-909-ASTM.
For a list of technology requirements for accessing ASTM Training please click here.
Stock # TRAIN-D0664-PASS