ASTM C70 Standard Test Method for Surface Moisture in Fine Aggregate
About the Course
This test method covers field determination of the amount of surface moisture in fine aggregate by displacement in water.
The course can be completed in about one hour.
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Identify apparatus and related components used for field determination of the amount of surface moisture in fine aggregate by displacement in water, including flask
- Recognize sampling requirements for fine aggregates in ASTM C70
- Recall procedure, including those for determination of surface water content by mass and volume
- Define calculation and procedures for surface moisture in terms of both saturated surface-dry fine aggregate and dry aggregate if the absorption of the aggregate is known
- Recognize reporting requirements as outlines in ASTM C70
Anyone who runs the C70 test or who needs an understanding of the test method and how it is properly run.
- Demonstration Video
- Procedural Outline
- Data Sheet
- Referenced Materials
- 7.2 Procedure (3:11 length)
CEUs and Certificate
Certificate: A certificate is available upon successful completion of the course and an 80% or higher score on the exam.
Reference materials Included
1 year online subscription for a Single-User Only via username/password. Requires internet access.
For pricing for Multi-User access or for more information, please contact sales here or call 1-877-909-ASTM.
For a list of technology requirements for accessing ASTM Training please click here.