Introduction to Standards -- E-Learning Course
About This Course
In this course you will learn what ASTM standards are and how they are used in research and development, quality systems, product testing, and commercial transactions around the globe.
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Correctly identify the definition of standards.
- Identify how standards are developed
- Identify how standards contribute to the industrial progress and to your professional development
- List the main section of a standard
- Interpret ASTM standard titles
- Specify the best explanation for the MOU program
- Recall how to access the ASTM standard from digital library.
What Topics Are Covered in This Course?
- What is ASTM? (explanation of name, brief history and current function)
- ASTM vs. ANSI and IOS
- Standards: What they are and why they are developed
- Types of standards
- How to find standards
- The ASTM Form & Style Guide and standards' components: Test methods, practices, guides, specifications, classifications, terminology
- Other types of ASTM standards
- Technical committees
- Standards development process and balloting procedures
- Revising current standards.
Who Should Attend
- The primary audience for this training is ASTM student members. Students are future technical experts and leaders and we want to provide information and resources to students who are new to the ASTM Campus.
- Secondary Audience is professional members and customers who are interested in knowing more about ASTM and the standards development process.
How Learning Will Be Assessed
Learning will be assessed by completing the course and passing the quiz.
1 year online subscription for a Single User Only via username/password. Requires internet access.
For a list of technology requirements for accessing ASTM Training please click here.