Introduction to Standards -- E-Learning Course
About This Course
ASTM Standards are technical documents that enable professionals from different and diverse industries to work together using a common language.
During this course you will learn what ASTM standards are and how they are used in research and development, quality systems, product testing, and commercial transactions around the globe.
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Correctly identify the definition of ASTM standards;
- Identify how standards are developed
- Recognize how a standard may be used;
- Specify the different types of standards;
- Identify the process for initiating, developing and publishing an ASTM Standard;
- Discover the benefits to daily life made by the development of standards.
What Topics Are Covered in This Course?
- What is ASTM? (explanation of name, brief history and current function)
- Standards: What they are and why they are developed
- Types of standards
- How to find standards
- The ASTM Form & Style Guide and standards' components: Test methods, practices, guides, specifications, classifications, terminology
- Technical committees
- Standards development process and balloting procedures
- Revising current standards.
Who Should Attend
The audience for this training is ASTM members (or potential members) whom are interested in knowing more about ASTM and the standards development process.
How Learning Will Be Assessed
Learning will be assessed by completing the course and passing the quiz.
CEUs and Certificate
CEUs: .1 or 1 PDH
Certificate: A certificate is available upon successful completion of the course and an 80% or higher score on the exam.
1 year online subscription for a Single User Only via username/password. Requires internet access.
For a list of technology requirements for accessing ASTM Training please click here.