Symposia & Workshops / Call For Papers
Title: 13th International Conference on Multiaxial Fatigue and Fracture (ICMFF13)
Dates: Wednesday May 18 2022 - Friday May 20 2022
Location: Hyatt Regency Seattle Seattle, WA
Sponsored by: E08
Deadline for Abstract Submittal: Thursday September 30 2021
Abstracts are invited for the 13th International Conference on Multiaxial Fatigue and Fracture to be held May 18-20, 2022. This event will mark the 40th anniversary of the first Symposium on Multiaxial Fatigue sponsored by ASTM and held in San Francisco on December 15-17, 1982. Sponsored by ASTM Committee E08 on Fatigue and Fracture, ICMFF13 will be held at the Hyatt Regency in Seattle, WA in conjunction with the May standards development meetings of the committee.
Objective and Scope
The objective of this conference is to share the latest international research developments in the field of multiaxial fatigue and fracture. Though commonly encountered in applications, multiaxial stress states are typically studied in the laboratory only in a limited way. Persistent limitations in understanding of mechanisms and design methodologies for multiaxial fatigue continue to place this subject on the forefront of research, spanning experiments, modeling and simulation, applications, and design.
Abstract topics include, but are not limited to, studies involving:
- Cyclic deformation under multiaxial loading, including load history effects
- Fatigue crack formation and early growth processes, mechanisms, and models
- Mixed-mode fatigue crack growth, including small fatigue cracks
- Advances in understanding of multiaxial fatigue offered by in situ experimental methods, microstructure-sensitive computational simulations, and/or data science
- Multiaxial fatigue design issues including notches, variable amplitude loading, contact and fretting, residual stress effects, and case studies
- Environmental effects including multiaxial thermal fatigue and coupling with creep phenomena
The language of the conference will be English.
For a printable flyer, click E08 ICMFF13 Conference Flyer.
To participate in the conference, authors must submit a two to three-page abstract using the online Abstract Submittal Form no later than September 30, 2021. The form can also be accessed by scrolling to the top of the page and clicking “Go to Abstract Submittal Form”. To ensure your abstract has been received into the ASTM database, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know that you have submitted an abstract.
To be considered for this event, the abstract must include:
- Title of the paper
- Authors full name(s), company affiliation, full address, e-mail, and phone number
- Statement of contents and main points
- A clear definition of the objective and approach of the work discussed, pointing out material that is new, and present sufficient details regarding results.
Because a limited number of abstracts will be accepted, be sure that the abstract is complete to allow for careful assessment of the paper's suitability for this conference. The Conference Chairs will notify you via email by November 30, 2021 of your paper’s acceptability for presentation at the conference. If the abstract is accepted, the author will be given the chance to submit an updated abstract a few months before the conference. Final abstracts will be distributed in a program booklet at the conference.
Based on the technical quality of the abstracts, presenters may be contacted after the conference to submit a full paper for one of several planned special issues of journals. You will be notified by June 30, 2022 if the Editors would like you to submit a full paper for a special issue. The journals include ASTM’s Materials Performance and Characterization (MPC), International Journal of Fatigue, and Theoretical and Applied Fracture Mechanics. The Editor of ASTM’s MPC will coordinate with the ICMFF13 Co-Chairs regarding placement of papers into each journal according to topical theme. Papers will be peer reviewed prior to publication in any special issue.
Additional information about the conference is available from Conference Co-Chairs.
University of Memphis
Phone: +1 (901) 678-2257
Georgia Institute of Technology
Phone: +1 (404) 894-5128