Katharine and Bryant Mather Member Contribution Award - Guidelines
KATHARINE AND BRYANT MATHER MEMBER CONTRIBUTION AWARD
The Katharine and Bryant Mather Member Contribution Award is presented at intervals of not more than once in two years to an ASTM Committee C09 member who has contributed through technical excellence or other significant service to enhance standards development for concrete technology. Examples of outstanding service include the following:
• As a committee/subcommittee member or subcommittee/task group chair accomplishing major improvements to an existing standard.
• As a committee/subcommittee member or subcommittee/task group chair accomplishing the publication of a new standard in a timely manner.
• As a committee/subcommittee member or subcommittee/task group chair taking on the responsibility for organizing a research project or interlaboratory study resulting in improvement to an existing standard or publication of a new standard.
• As a symposium chair or co-chair taking on the responsibility for organizing a highly successful ASTM symposium. Rules Governing The Member Contribution Award
• A five-person Task Group made up of the four Group Chairs from Committee C09 with the Vice Chair of C09 serving as Task Group Chair, and a fifth person appointed by the Executive Subcommittee will facilitate the selection of the Member Contribution Awardee. The current Chair and Vice Chair of Committee C09 and current members of the Task Group are not eligible for the Award.
• It shall be awarded not more frequently than once in two years. Presentation of the Member Contribution Award shall alternate with presentation of the Katharine and Bryant Mather Award.
• Any C09 member may make nominations for the Member Contribution Award, but the nominees are limited to C09 members. Each nomination shall include a statement justifying the consideration of the nominee for the award. Nominations shall be in writing and furnished to the Chair of Committee C09, preferably before the December meeting prior to the year the Award is made.
• A unanimous affirmative vote of the members of the Task Group, allowing for abstentions, shall be required to select the recipient of the Award.
The Member Contribution Award Each recipient of the Katharine and Bryant Mather Member Contribution Award shall receive a shadow box plaque with the following inscription:
THE KATHARINE AND BRYANT MATHER MEMBER CONTRIBUTION AWARD PRESENTED TO
For outstanding contributions in (note contribution here) and the enhancement of cement and concrete technology standards
Chairman C09 Chairman of the Board Secretary of C09
ASTM Committee C09 has established a dedicated Mather Award fund that is maintained and administered by ASTM International, and which is separate from the Katharine and Bryant Mather Scholarship Fund. Earnings from the C09 Mather Award Fund shall be transferred annually to the C09 Mather Award Interest Fund to be used to pay for awards, honoraria, and related expenses associated with the Katharine and Bryant Mather Award, Katharine and Bryant Mather Member Contribution Award, and Katharine and Bryant Mather Student Contribution Award. All earnings in excess of these needs shall either be transferred to the ASTM International Katharine and Bryant Mather Scholarship Fund or to the C09 General Fund, at the discretion of the C09 Executive Subcommittee.
Search for past recipients through the ASTM International Awards and Recipients Database