Gary M. Kralik Committee B02 Distinguished Service Award - Guidelines
COMMITTEE B02 DISTINGUISHED SERVICE AWARD
The award was established to recognize exceptional service to Committee B02, one of its subcommittees, or one of its activities.
- Prolonged diligent standards activity, such as generating new standards or authoring major revisions to B02 standards, in the absence of other recognition (e.g. Award of Merit).
- Exemplary work as a Committee or Subcommittee officer for a period of at least five years.
- Task group work that has addressed a very difficult problem for which there may be no specific tangible product.
- Significant contribution to standards maintenance for a particular product area or commodity.
- Other significant work deemed worthy of recognition by either the B02 Awards Committee or the B02 Executive Committee.
- Nomination—Any Committee member may nominate a candidate. A nomination should be written to include some quantitative and qualitative measure of the candidate's merit. The Awards Committee shall then consider the candidate, research further, if necessary, and either accept or reject the proposal. The Awards Committee shall act on each such nomination a one-year period.
- Presentation should be made ordinarily during a regularly scheduled meeting of the Committee, at a subcommittee meeting, a luncheon, or an evening social event. Presentation shall ordinarily be made by the Chairman of the Committee, his designee, or by the Chairman of the Awards Committee.
The award shall be an engraved plaque bearing the recipients name and appropriate citation and shall be signed by both the Chairman and Secretary of Committee B02
The Award shall be funded by voluntary contributions by Committee members to the B02 general fund.
Search for past recipients through the ASTM International Awards and Recipients Database