Committee D11 Distinguished Service Award - Guidelines
Committee D11 on Rubber Distinguished Service Award
This award was established to recognize an individual or (company's) exceptional service to Committee D11, or contributions to the rubber industry in the area of rubber or rubber chemical testing.
The Distinguished Service Award will be presented only when a deserving recipient has been nominated and approved by the Awards Committee. Awards will not be given more than once a year.
Exceptional service may encompass but is not limited to:
- Prolonged diligent standards activity, such as generating new standards or authoring revisions to Dll standards.
- Exemplary work as a committee or subcommittee officer for a substantial period of time. While it is intended that there be no specific minimum time in a single office, total accumulative time should be at least six years.
- Task group work which addressed a very difficult problem for which there may or may not be any specific tangible product.
- Significant contribution to rubber testing either by introducing advanced methods or improvements to current methods.
- Significant contribution to standards maintenance in a particular area.
- Other significant work deemed worthy of recognition by either the Dl1 Awards Committee or D11’s Executive Subcommittee.
Recognition of an individual's (or company's) contributions to the rubber industry in the area of testing elastomers (natural and synthetic), latex, rubber chemicals, or any other area under the jurisdiction of D11 and may include but is not limited to:
- Development of a significant new test procedure which better identifies or characterizes rubber.
- Development of new or improved equipment that simplifies and/or improves testing.
An individual (or company) must be a member of D11 and actively working in the rubber industry or actively involved in D11 activities.
Any member of D11 may nominate a candidate. The nomination should be submitted on the Distinguished Service Award Form. The justification section should include both quantitative and qualitative information supporting the merit of the award. The nomination should be forwarded to the D11 Awards Committee Chairman by August 1 of that year. Nominations received after the August 1 deadline will be kept for submission the following year.
The Awards Committee will review each nomination presented and, if necessary, request further information to support the award. If more than one individual is nominated for the same achievement(s) (i.e. task group or project accomplishments) each individual will be individually recognized.
The award shall be an engraved walnut plaque bearing the recipient's (or company's) name and appropriate citation and shall be signed by the Chairman, and Secretary of Committee Dll.
The award will be presented to the individual or to a representative of the company at a D11 Main Committee meeting or at a D11 social event in December.
Dll Achievement Award Nomination Form
Provide a short description of the individual's accomplishment:
Justification: (Explain why the individual deserves this award providing specific details and accomplishments.)
Search for past recipients through the ASTM International Awards and Recipients Database