Alfred H. McKinlay Award - Guidelines
Alfred H. McKinlay Award
The ASTM International Committee D10 on Packaging establishes the Alfred H. McKinlay Award to recognize distinguished service to individual Committee D10 members. The award is granted solely on merit. Any or all of the following types of service shall be considered as the basis for nominating an individual for this new D10 Award:
- Very productive service in ASTM Committee D10 working over a significant period of time. (a minimum length of service of more than 10 years).
- Marked leadership in technical, administrative, or special activities at the D10 Committee level.
- Outstanding contributions in the areas of research or testing, leading to new standards development.
- Workshops of special benefit to the work of Committee D10.
- Any other outstanding service or activity that has greatly enhanced the prestige or standing, and advanced the interests of, Committee D10.
- Nominations must be submitted no later than February 1. Nominations received after February 1 will be considered for the following year. The nominating committee will determine a recipient no later than 5 weeks prior to the April meeting. The award will be presented at the April meeting.
- Nominations shall be reviewed by an Awards Subcommittee consisting of (at least) the relevant Subcommittee Chair, D10.90 Chair and any past recipients of the McKinlay Award. The D10.90 Chair will serve as Chairman of the Awards Committee.
- Given the prestigious nature of the award, only one candidate per year will be presented the award. A submitted nomination is not guaranteed to receive the award.
- A nominee will be eligible based solely on contributions to Committee D10.
- An individual is only eligible as a recipient of this Award one time.
- The Award Committee must determine that the nominee has meet the "Guidelines" and the "Basis of the Award" conditions have been met.
- All members of the Award Committee shall be entitled to a vote, and a simple majority of those present shall be required for acceptance of each nomination.
Presentation of the ASTM D10 Award should be scheduled at the convenience and discretion of the recipient during the year in which it was approved, preferably at an ASTM D10 Committee meeting
Committee D10 will provide financial support of this award through regular committee fund and activity fees.
COMMITTEE D10 Alfred H. McKinlay Award
General Candidate Information:
Name of Nominee
Department or Division
Name of Company or Organization
ASTM Committee History/Activities:
Include general history of ASTM Membership, offices held, work items, or other history.
Basis for Nomination:
Please briefly state, from the Rules Governing the D10 Award, what outstanding contributions or service(s) shall be considered as the basis for nominating this individual for this Award. Explain why the individual was selected by your committee/subcommittee to be nominated at this time, including specific standards, papers or other relevant activities as well as other considerations you wish to submit about the nominee for consideration.
Award Plaque Citation (if applicable)
Include one carefully prepared sentence that illustrates why the nominee is receiving the award. Be sure to mention the committee/subcommittee and any activities, leadership or services to the committee in which the nominee has performed in an "outstanding manner."
Submitted By: Date
Search for past recipients through the ASTM International Awards and Recipients Database