Smart and Sustainable
About this Journal
This journal fosters transdisciplinary research that crosses the boundaries of information science, systems engineering and engineering design, manufacturing, and product life cycle with a focus on how to make manufacturing systems smarter and sustainable.
The journal specifically invites papers that will advance the measurement science, standards and protocols and tools needed to design analyze and control smart manufacturing systems based on a cyber-physical infrastructure for digital manufacturing.
Relevant Topics Include:
- Information and domain specific modeling, semantics and architecture for manufacturing systems
- Cyber-physical infrastructure for design, analysis and control of smart manufacturing systems
- Model-based systems engineering and machine-to-machine communications
- Multi-layer networks and control
- Life cycle engineering and sustainability
- Supply chain modeling for smart manufacturing
- Real-time data analytics for predictive modeling for manufacturing system performance
- Uncertainty quantification and propagation including verification and validation
- Manufacturing process (continuous and discrete) characterization for sustainable manufacturing
- Material information modeling across the product life cycle
- Resiliency and recovery of smart manufacturing systems and supply chains
- Cloud computing and manufacturing services
- Digital manufacturing
- Digital thread for additive manufacturing
We welcome research papers, industry case studies and application papers, survey papers, and technical notes. We strongly advocate that papers should have strong theoretical content and must demonstrate manufacturing industry applications.