Satisfy regulatory requirements, comply with industry standards, increase customer confidence, and stay competitive with our third-party certification programs.
Product Certification with the Safety Equipment Institute
130+ top companies from all over the world come to SEI for their product certification needs. Our voluntary programs are based on globally-recognized standards, including ASTM, ANSI, CSA, NFPA, NIJ, and NOCSAE. SEI certified companies receive:
- annual product testing of certified safety and protective equipment
- annual quality assurance audits at the manufacturer’s facility
- confidence that your product meets the most current comprehensive standards on the market
Search by product, program and company.
View current SEI participants
Learn More About SEI
- Helmets - baseball, softball, bicycle, equestrian, polo, football, lacrosse, skiing, snowboarding, bull riding
- Equestrian body protectors
- Athletic equipment - shin guards, gloves, lacrosse balls, baseballs
- Safety eyewear and hard hats
- Emergency eyewash and safety showers
- Fall protection equipment
- Fire service SCBA
- Fire helmets, boots and gloves for wildland, USAR, proximity, and structural firefighting
- Gas detector tube units
- HAZMAT protective ensembles
- CBRN protective ensembles - emergency response & law enforcement
- Bomb suits
- Law enforcement restraints
- Emergency medical operations protective clothing
- Personal alert safety systems (PASS) for firefighters
- Fire service life safety rope
- Escape smoke hoods
- Thermal imaging cameras
- USDA biobased product labeling
ASTM Cannabis Certification Program
Managed by the Safety Equipment Institute and in cooperation with ASTM International Committee D37 on Cannabis, this program provides the first-of-its-kind quality system and product safety certification to cannabis and hemp producers.
ASTM's Cannabis Certification program draws from Committee D37's growing list of approved standards, along with other established good manufacturing and good agriculture practices specific to cannabis.
Open to all cultivators, extractors, and producers, includes a quality system GMP audit of your facility operations, plus testing of cannabis flower samples using ASTM standards, if applicable. Once approved, cannabis businesses can use the ASTM certification mark on authorized product packaging and highlight in marketing materials.
Demonstrate to key industry stakeholders and customers that your company is committed to best practices that ensure consumer and patient health and safety.
Steps to Cannabis Certification - How It Works
Learn more about cannabis certification
NCATT Personnel Certification Program
Aviation professionals, advance your career with certification from ASTM's National Center for Aerospace & Transportation Technologies (NCATT).
NCATT CERTIFICATIONS INCLUDE:
Learn More About NCATT Certifications
- Aerospace/Aircraft Assembly (AAA)
- Aircraft Electronics Technician (AET)
- Autonomous Navigation Systems (ANS)
- Business Aviation Cabin Crew Certification
- Dependent Navigation Systems (DNS)
- Foreign Object Elimination (FOE)
- Health and Safety in Nanotechnology
- Nanotechnology Workforce Characterization
- Onboard Communications & Safety Systems (OCS)
- Radio Communication Systems (RCS)
- Unmanned Aircraft Systems Certification (UAS)
Environmental Product Declarations
Environmental product declarations help provide the data you need to prove the true impact of your products on the environment. To create a comparable EPD, you must follow the same rules and guidelines called product category rules (PCR). As an EPD program operator, ASTM reviews life cycle assessments and verifies the Environmental Product Declarations (EPDs).
EPDs from ASTM show:
- material content
- recycled content
- service life
- global warming potential
- water consumption
- emissions to air and water
- waste generation
- ozone depletion potential
- respiratory effects