The ASTM Computer Program for Chemical Thermodynamic and Energy Release Evaluation CHETAH®, Version 11.0
CHETAH 11.0 New Features
- Version 11.0 has a new interface to improve ease of use.
- NASA Lewis chemical equilibrium calculations are now available for the first time within CHETAH. This allows the user to predict equilibrium compositions, pressures, and temperatures of a user selected list of reactants. The extensive database of chemicals within the CHETAH databases can be used as reactant chemicals. Also, chemicals not in the databases or even in the published literature can be entered as reactants by making use of the Benson group molecular fragment database.
- Updated thermodynamic values provided for 20 Benson groups based on latest best values in the literature.
- Entropy values were predicted and added to the database for many ideal gas Benson groups that were missing such values. This also enables Gibb’s Free Energy calculations for these groups.
- Various property databases reviewed for consistency and accuracy.
- Uses Microsoft Access for database management and to manage the user interface. The calculation details are accomplished in the Visual Basic for Applications structure of Access and in C language. CHETAH 11.0 is designed to be compatible and seamless with the current versions of the Microsoft Windows operating system.
- Output reports have been improved for clarity of presentation. It is now possible to generate pdf format reports direct from the interface as well as Microsoft Word© documents.
- Now maintains a clear record of use with details of past sessions. Past sessions can easily be modified and recalculated. Past sessions from the previous version CHETAH 10 can be moved to CHETAH 11.0
- It is now much easier to establish and maintain a user database of proprietary data to enhance the usefulness of CHETAH. The user database is portable to future versions or service packs.
- CHETAH 11 will run on Windows versions 7 through 10. Microsoft ceased official support for Windows 7 in January, 2020. The developers of CHETAH advise those users to upgrade to either Windows 8.1 or Windows 10. Installation on Windows XP or earlier versions is not supported.
Stock #: DS51HOL