Drainage System Media
A new ASTM International standard provides information and guidelines for the selection and installation of drainage systems media that are used with waterproofing systems. D7492/D7492M, Guide for Use of Drainage System Media with Waterproofing Systems, was developed by Subcommittee D08.22 on Waterproofing and Dampproofing Systems, part of ASTM International Committee D08 on Roofing and Waterproofing.
According to Bruce Darling, president, BPD Roof Consulting Inc., and chairman of D08.22, drainage systems media are used to promote drainage around the foundations of buildings and on plazas. Designers and contractors will be the primary users of the new standard.
D7492/D7492M is intended to be used in conjunction with the following waterproofing standards:
- C898/C898M, Guide for Use of High Solids Content, Cold Liquid-Applied Elastomeric Waterproofing Membrane with Separate Wearing Course;
- C981, Guide for Design of Built-Up Bituminous Membrane Waterproofing Systems for Building Decks;
- C1471, Guide for the Use of High Solids Content Cold Liquid-Applied Elastomeric Waterproofing Membrane on Vertical Surfaces;
- D5898, Guide for Standard Details for Adhered Sheet Waterproofing; and,
- D6622, Guide for Application of Fully Adhered Hot-Applied Reinforced Waterproofing Systems.
All interested parties, particularly producers, are invited to join in the standards developing activities of D08.22.
To purchase ASTM standards, visit www.astm.org and search by the standard designation, or contact ASTM Sales (phone: 877-909-ASTM; firstname.lastname@example.org).
CONTACT Technical Information: Bruce Darling, BPD Roof Consulting Inc. • East Granby, Conn. • Phone: 860-653-6779 | ASTM Staff: Joseph Hugo • Phone: 610-832-9740 | Upcoming Meeting: Dec. 2-5 • December Committee Week • Atlanta, Ga.