- What is the ASTM Standards and Engineering Digital Library (SEDL)?
- What is the Subscription service?
- How do I access my Subscription?
- What is the difference between "User ID & Password" and "Enterprise" accounts?
- Once I subscribe, when can I get started?
- I have an online subscription service. Why am I being asked for payment when I attempt to download a document?
- What happens if I forget my password?
- My Enterprise account is giving the error message: "AutoLookUp: Unauthorized Access/Location..."
- What if the counter shows an incorrect number of downloads?
- What happens if I don't use up all downloads in 12 months? Do I get a refund or a credit?
- If I subscribe to an Online Standards Subscription, can anyone in my organization use this service?
- Can I print multiple copies of individual standards with an online subscription?
- Are password-enabled on-line subscriptions limited to a single workstation?
- Are Enterprise Subscriptions limited to a single workstation?
- How can I be kept up to date on new and revised standards and standards development activities?
- If I have a question that I am unable to answer by troubleshooting from my desktop, what should I do?
- Who should I contact for information about copying or distributing copies of ASTM standards?
The SEDL is a vast collection of industry-leading standards and technical engineering information. The Library covers a broad range of engineering disciplines, including aerospace, biomedical, chemical, civil, environmental, geological, health and safety, industrial, materials science, mechanical, nuclear, petroleum, soil science, and solar engineering.
ASTM's On-line Subscription service allows easy access to ASTM's huge library of standard publications from a simple account setup. Similar to the pay-per use On-line Store, the Subscription service allows users access to any of ASTM's 12,000+ standards from any location with an Internet connection. A variety of plans are available to accommodate the occasional user or the large company. Subscriptions can be accessed from any location using a User ID and Password, or locked down to a specified workstation.
For more information on the Subscription service contact Sales or call 1-877-909-ASTM.
There are two types of Subscription services, each of which has a unique URL address for entering the site.
- USER NAME/PASSWORD ACCOUNTS If you have signed up for a User Name/Password account, you will access your Subscription through http://myastm.astm.org. Once you have entered this location in your browser window, you will be prompted to enter the User Name and Password supplied to you by ASTM.
- ENTERPRISE IP ADDRESS ACCOUNTS If you have specified a single workstation's or group of workstations' IP addresses to have account access, you will access the site through http://enterprise.astm.org. As long as your IP Address has been set up, you will have immediate access to your standards account.
User Name & Password accounts are subscriptions accessed through http://myastm.astm.org. The account user must supply a valid User Name and Password to access the account.
Enterprise accounts work by IP address or domain name. To access the account, the user goes to http://enterprise.astm.org. As long as the user's workstation IP address or domain name matches the information provided to ASTM, access to the subscription account will be granted.
If you pay online with a credit card, you will receive your activated User Name/Password and Subscription Service URL by e-mail immediately. If you purchase through ASTM Customer Relations by telephone, the service will be activated within 24 hours after payment is received.
If you have a User Name and Password account, be sure to login at http://myastm.astm.org to access your subscription.
If you have an Enterprise account, be sure to go to http://enterprise.astm.org to access your subscription.
Your User Name is your email address or your ASTM Account Number
If you have forgotten your password, for security purposes, we ask that you create a new one. On the login page, click the "Forgot Your Password?" link and enter the email address associated with your astm.org account. We'll email you a link to a page where you can easily create a new password.
If you continue to experience problems logging in, please contact the ASTM Support Desk at http://www.astm.org/SUPPORT/index.html.
The "Unauthorized Access/Location..." error message appears when a user attempts to access the subscription site under a workstation IP address that has not been registered with ASTM. This can happen when users forget which designated workstations are ASTM-accessible or when internal network changes or firewall restrictions alter the way your IP address information is read.
If you experience this problem, please contact the ASTM Support Desk for assistance at http://www.astm.org/SUPPORT/index.html
Please contact the ASTM support desk for assistance at http://www.astm.org/SUPPORT/index.html. Note: To avoid unwanted duplicate downloads, do not use the browser's Back button.
The subscription ends 12 months from the day your order is processed or if you reach the maximum number of downloads allowed. There will be no credits or refunds.
You are solely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password and for ensuring the authorized access and use of the ASTM Document. Please read our license agreement for more information.
Can I print multiple copies of individual standards with an online subscription?
The subscription does not allow you to print and/or distribute an unspecified or an unlimited number of copies. It does, however, include a limited site license to allow you to print standards for reasonable, fair use. For information regarding copyright and permissions, go to http://www.astm.org/COPYRIGHT.
No. Users are issued a single User ID and Password, but access is not limited to a single workstation.
Not necessarily. Enterprise accounts are based on the user's IP address(es). A single Enterprise account may choose to open up as many or as few company IP addresses to access the Subscription account.
Sign up for the free standards tracker service. You will receive an email each Monday and Thursday alerting you to changes to standards and when new standards are under development. You may customize the alerts you receive - either for newly approved standards, new work items (drafts), or both and tailor the alert for broad or targeted coverage. Select by All ASTM Standards, Industry Segment, ASTM Committee or Individual ASTM Standards. Click here to subscribe.
You can submit a Support Request describing the details of the problem you are experiencing at: http://www.astm.org/SUPPORT/index.html.
A technical support representative will respond to your request as soon as possible.
ASTM International provides the ability for customers who have already purchased an individual ASTM product or subscription service to get authorized permission to share content or make reproductions of its copyrighted materials in two offerings: PAY PER USE and ANNUAL LICENSE. For more information, go to http://www.astm.org/COPYRIGHT or contact ASTM Sales at 877-909-ASTM (2786) or email@example.com.