- What do I need to install ASTM Standards Source on DVD ROM?
- What do I need to view ASTM Standards Source?
- Why do I need a web browser to use the ASTM software? Does the software operate over the Internet?
- How do I navigate back to the search page from the PDF standard?
- If I have subscribed to the Standards Source quarterly update service, will I have to reinstall the software with each quarterly update?
- There is a standard that I know has been updated, but even the most recent DVD has an outdated edition. How can I make sure to get up-to-the-minute standards information?
- How can I set up the ASTM Standards Source software to run on a Local Area Network?
- Where can I obtain information about copying or distributing copies of ASTM standards?
Using ASTM Standards Source DVD software requires having both an up-to-date Internet browser (Microsoft Internet Explorer or Mozilla Firefox) and Adobe Acrobat Reader installed on your PC. The software will automatically open using Internet Explorer or Firefox, usually whichever you have set as your default browser. If you use Internet Explorer, and encounter any problems with ActiveX content, make sure your security settings in Internet Explorer are checked to allow ActiveX content from CDs to run and allow active content to run in files on My Computer.
ASTM Standards Source DVD software uses a web browser interface to view and operate the software. It is absolutely neccessary to have an up-to-date version of either Microsoft Internet Explorer or Mozilla Firefox to properly use the software. However, at no time in the search or viewing process of the software will it be neccessary to have an Internet connection.
The PDF standard opens in a separate tab. Click on the search tab to return to it.
Yes, with each quarterly update the latest version of the software will need to be installed. A complete installation is necessary so that not only are the latest versions of all ASTM standards available, but that also new software enhancements will be added to your system.
ASTM makes every effort to have the very latest standards on each DVD update. Unfortunately, due to the time it takes to edit, print, publish and convert to DVD, occasional standards will miss the deadline for DVD distribution but will still be available through other ASTM document delivery systems. In these cases the updated standard will be on the next DVD edition.
If you have questions regarding the currancy of a particular standard, consult ASTM Customer Service at (610) 832-9585, 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m., Eastern US Standard Time or firstname.lastname@example.org.
You must contact ASTM to purchase the networked version of the software. At that time you will receive support on configuring the network version.
ASTM International provides the ability for customers who have already purchased an individual ASTM product or subscription service to get authorized permission to share content or make reproductions of its copyrighted materials in two offerings: PAY PER USE and ANNUAL LICENSE. For more information, go to http://www.astm.org/COPYRIGHT or contact ASTM Sales at 877-909-ASTM (2786) or email@example.com.