ASTM Proficiency Testing programs are statistical quality assurance programs that enable laboratories to assess their performance in conducting test methods within their own laboratories when their data are compared against other laboratories that participate worldwide in the same program.
As a program participant, you receive different samples (representative of the product line) for each test cycle, electronic data submittal forms, and test instructions. Your laboratory performs the test that you normally conduct within your own facility using the specified ASTM methods cited in the program. Upon completing the tests, each laboratory electronically submits their test data to ASTM for use in generating statistical summary reports. Final summary reports, provided in electronic format, contain:
- Each participating laboratory's test results (coded for confidentiality)
- Statistical analysis of test data
- Charts plotting test results versus laboratory code
- Other pertinent information
The final statistical summary reports will help your laboratory:
- Monitor strengths and weaknesses of your laboratory's performance
- Periodically compare test results and calculated statistical parameters with other laboratories worldwide
- Demonstrate proficiency in the specific analysis to meet laboratory accreditation requirements
Worldwide participation allows every laboratory to achieve a competitive edge in the marketplace! See specific programs for more information.