Dudley Medal Nominees Sought
The ASTM Committee on Publications is soliciting candidate publications from ASTM committees for the Dudley Medal Award. Each committee may submit one publication for consideration.
The award honors an outstanding contribution that has a widely recognized impact on a particular field of ASTM interest and has been documented in ASTM literature. A minimum of three years must have elapsed between the date of publication of a nominee and the nomination deadline of Feb. 1, 2007.
Eligible candidate publications may be:
• An individual paper or group of papers from ASTM journals: Journal of ASTM International, the Journal of Testing and Evaluation, and Geotechnical Testing Journal;
• A special technical publication (STP);
• A data series (DS) publication;
• An atomic and molecular data (AMD) publication; or
• A manual, monograph, handbook, or computer software program.
Submittals should be made on or before Feb. 1, 2007, and must contain the following information:
• Name of the candidate publication;
• Name of the author(s), editor, or contributor to the candidate publication;
• A statement of 300 words or less stating why the candidate publication should receive the award and how the publication meets the basis of the award;
• Name and designation of the submitting committee (no more than one nomination from a committee shall be submitted); and
• Name and address of the individual acting on behalf of the committee.
Submit nominations by mail to Monica Siperko, COP, ASTM International, 100 Barr Harbor Dr., PO Box C700, W. Conshohocken, PA 19428-2959, or via email. //