|Committee on Composite Materials to Cosponsor American Society for Composites Conference
ASTM International Committee D30 on Composite Materials is co-sponsoring the 21st Annual Technical Conference of the American Society for Composites. The event is being organized by the Center for Lightweighting Automotive Materials and Processingat the University of Michigan. The conference will take place Sept. 17-20 at Fairlane Center on the University of Michigan-Dearborn campus, and will be followed by the D30 Committee Meeting on Sept. 20-22, also at the Fairlane Center.
Papers are invited for the conference on the following topics of interest:
• Mechanics/structural analysis/experimental mechanics;
• Fatigue and fracture (symposium in cooperation with Committee D30);
• Damage tolerance, long term durability and detection;
• Mechanical behavior/test methods;
• Joining and repair;
• Multi-functional, bio- and nanocomposites;
• Design analysis/optimization; and
The deadline for abstract submission is Feb. 3. Notifications of acceptance will be received by April 7, with full papers being due on or before July 14. Abstracts (500-1,000 words, including figures and tables) should be sent to P.K. Mallick, University of Michigan-Dearborn, Dearborn, Mich. 48128. Submissions can also be sent electronically or by fax (313/593-5386). //
Technical information: Ronald Krueger, National Institute of Aerospace, Hampton, Va.
ASTM staff: James Olshefsky