Over 20 separate visits were arranged for the ASTM board and staff to meet with their Chinese counterparts. The meetings took place with various Chinese ministries, government agencies, and corporations in which ASTM standards are globally influential. Morning and afternoon sessions were scheduled throughout the city for Beijing Day, which was an excellent opportunity for standards information exchange.
Visit with the China Metallurgical Standardization Institute. CMIS manages China’s metallurgical standardization process.
The following are the various organizations that were called on by ASTM board members and staff. The visits resulted in a clear sense of the extent of activity and the relevance of ASTM standards to the specific Chinese industry sectors.
Visit with the National Institute of Metrology. NIM is China’s technical center for metrology.
• China National Accreditation Service for Conformity Assessment
• General Administration of Civil Aviation of China
Building Construction Sector
• The China Academy of Building Research
• China Building Materials Academy
• Ministry of Construction, Research Institute of Standards and Norms
Visit with the Institute for Standardization of the Nuclear Industry. ISNI provides the research, management, and consulting services for the standardization of China’s nuclear industry.
Consumer Products Sector
• China National Light Industry Council, National Technical Committee for the Standardization of Toys
• China Certification and Inspection Group
• State Environmental Protection Administration, Standards Division
• China National Institute of Standardization Technical Committee on Environmental Policy
Visit with the China Plastics Processing Industry Association. CPPIA is one of the largest industry associations in China, with many affiliates in the areas of plastic molds, plastics processing and plastic mechanisms.
• State Food and Drug Administration
• China Association for Medical Devices
• China Metallurgical Standardization Institute
• National Institute of Metrology
Nuclear Energy Sector
• Institute for Standardization of the Nuclear Industry
w•China Petroleum and Chemical Corporation
• China Plastics Processing Industry Association
• China Textile and Apparel Council
Return to Feature