Noah A. Kahn Award - Guidelines
NOAH A. KAHN MEMORIAL AWARD
The Noah A. Kahn Memorial Award is presented not more frequently than once a year, to a member for the graduating class of Brooklyn Polytechnic Institute and of LehighUniversity who, in the opinion of the respective school faculty, has an outstanding record in the field of metallurgical engineering or materials testing aspects related thereto.
The award commemorates the name of Noah A. Kahn, an outstanding member of Committee E07 on Nondestructive Testing and for many years Head Metallurgist of the Materials Laboratory of the New York Naval Shipyard. The award was established in 1963.
RULES GOVERNING THE AWARD
- The Award shall be administered by an Awards Task Group consisting of three members of Committee E07 appointed for three-year, staggered terms. An appointment shall be made annually by the chairman of Committee E07. The senior member of the Award Group shall serve shall as chairman.
- Each year the Awards Task Group shall consider the eligibility of one student of Brooklyn Polytechnic Institute and one student of Lehigh University for the award. The choice of recipients made by respective school facilities shall be reviewed and approved by the Awards Task Group principally on administrative basis.
- The Task Group shall review and approve university nominees for the award and shall notify the secretary of Committee E07 no later than three months prior to the time of presentation, the notification to include name and address of recipient and other recommendations regarding the award.
- The secretary of Committee E07 shall advise the Awards Administrator of the Society of its decision two months prior to time of presentation.
- The Awards Task Group shall cooperate with the secretary of Committee E07 and with the Awards Administrator in arrangements for securing and presenting the award.
- The rules governing the award may be modified upon recommendation of the Awards Task Group.
AWARD TO RECIPIENTS
The Noah A. Kahn Award shall consist of a walnut plaque. The plaque is forwarded to each university before commencement date. The Award shall not include a cash honorarium but a suitable token may be selected by the Award Group.
Search for past recipients through the ASTM International Awards and Recipients Database