Lundell-Bright Memorial Award - Guidelines
LUNDELL-BRIGHT MEMORIAL AWARD
The Lundell-Bright Memorial Award is presented not more frequently than once a year to a member of Committee E01 on Chemical Analysis of Metals of at least three years standing, who had performed outstanding work in the committee. The Award, established in 1964, honors Dr. G. E. F. Lundell and Mr. H. A. Bright.
RULES GOVERNING THE AWARD
- The Award shall be administered by an Awards Task Group consisting of a representative of each Division of Committee E01 who is appointed by each Division Chairman. Appointments of the Awards Task Group members shall be for three-year staggered terms. An appointment of the Chairman of the Awards Task Group shall be made annually by the Chairman of E01.
- Each year the Awards Task Group shall consider the eligibility of committee members for the award. The Awards Group may nominate a candidate from each Division or request the committee to nominate a candidate by secret ballot.
- The Awards Group shall select the recipient and shall notify the Secretary of Committee E01 no later than three months prior to the time of presentation of the name and address of the recipient.
- The secretary of Committee E01 shall advise the Awards Administrator of the Society of its decision two months prior to the time of presentation, and the Awards Administrator shall notify the recipient on behalf of the Chairman of the Board that he/she has been selected by Committee E01 to receive the Lundell-Bright Memorial Award established by that committee.
- The Awards Task Group shall cooperate with the secretary of Committee E01 and with the Awards Administrator in arrangements for securing and presenting the award.
- The presentation of the award shall be made at an appropriate meeting of Committee E01 by an officer of the Society or of Committee E01.
- Committee E01 shall have authority to decide any questions not specifically covered by these rules, and the rules may be modified upon recommendation of the Awards Task Group.
AWARD TO RECIPIENTS
The Lundell-Bright Memorial Award shall consist of a certificate framed and matted with complimentary matting.
Financing of the award will be the responsibility of Committee E01.
Search for past recipients through the ASTM International Awards and Recipients Database