George V Dyroff Award of Honorary Committee D02 Membership - Guidelines
GEORGE V. DYROFF AWARD OF HONORARY D02 MEMBERSHIP
The Committee D02 Award is given not more frequently than once a year for outstanding achievement in the field of petroleum products and lubricants. This Award recognizes significant con-contributions in one or more of the following areas: (a) analytic methods, (b) physical testing methods, (c) performance testing methods, (d) specifications, (e) theory, and (f) standardization administration or coordination. This Award was established in 1923 and is restricted to members of Committee D02.
RULES GOVERNING THE AWARD
- The Award shall be administered by an Awards Committee consisting of three members of the Advisory Committee; the Chairman to be the second vice-chairman of Committee D02 and the other two members to be appointed by the Chairman of Committee D02 for one year term.
- Nominations may be made to the Chairman of the Awards Committee or to the Chairman of Committee D02 at any time during the year up to November 1.
- The Awards Committee shall select the recipient prior to the winter meeting of Committee D02.
- The Secretary of Committee D02 shall advise the Awards Administrator of the Society of the selection of the Awards Committee prior to the winter meeting of Committee D02.
- If, in the opinion of the Awards Committee, no person is worthy of the Award, none shall be given that year.
- The Award presentation shall be made at the winter meeting of Committee D02 as part of the program suitable to the occasion.
- The Advisory Committee of Committee D02 shall have authority to adjudicate any questions not covered by these rules and to modify these rules.
AWARD TO RECIPIENTS
The Committee D02 Award shall consist of a personalized, hand-lettered certificate, mounted on a walnut/plexiglas plaque.
The award should be billed to Committee D02.
Search for past recipients through the ASTM International Awards and Recipients Database