B. Charles Malloy Leadership Award - Guidelines
B. CHARLES MALLOY LEADERSHIP AWARD
To honor the memory of Charles Malloy, the founder and past chairman of Committee D34. Given his emphasis and activities related to growth and improvement of D34, and increasing its influence in the field of waste management, the award would be given to persons furthering the ideals Mr. Malloy strived for.
Selection of recipients would be by the Awards subcommittee of D34 based on nominations from the subcommittee and task group chairpersons.
Awards could be made when deemed to be appropriate but no more frequently than annually. Recipients would be selected using the following criteria:
- Organizational Leadership—A person would have to have made major contributions to the growth of Committee D34 (e.g. has taken actions to increase the membership through promotional activities) or impact of D34 standards on waste disposal (e.g., has taken actions to promote use) of D34 standards, methods, or procedures by industry or government.
- Symposia Organization and Management—The person has done an exemplary job in establishing, organizing, and managing symposia on waste management that have made a significant contribution to the transfer of waste management technology.
- Task Group Leadership—The person has served as subcommittee/task group leader over a period of time and as such has been responsible for the success of the subcommittee/task group.
The timetable for this award is expected to be:
- October Solicitation of nominations
- November Evaluation of nominations
- April Preparation of plaque
- May Initial award (if appropriate awardee is found)
Committee D34 will be responsible for the cost of the individual recipient plaques out of its general fund.
Search for past recipients through the ASTM International Awards and Recipients Database