William T. Pearce Award - Guidelines
William T. Pearce Award
The William T. Pearce Award is presented not more frequently than once a year to a member of Committee D01 on Paint and Related Coatings and Materials, who has performed outstanding work and has had published within the last 5 years a technical paper of merit relating to the science of testing paints and paint materials. The award established in 1969, honors Dr. William T. Pearce who was a member of Committee D01 for over 45 years and who served as its Chairman for 20 years.
RULES GOVERNING THE AWARD
- The award shall be administered by an Award Task Group consisting of three members of Committee D01 appointed for three-year staggered terms. An appointment of a new succeeding member shall be made annually by the Chairman of D01 not later than June 30. The senior member of the task group shall report administratively to Subcommittee 4 on Awards and Memorials.
- Each year the Award Task Group will consider the eligibility of committee members for the award and shall nominate a recipient for the approval of Subcommittee 4 and the D01 Executive Committee at its winter meeting. The Award Group shall notify the Secretary of Committee D01 its nomination at least two months prior to the winter meeting and the nomination shall include the name and address of the recipient and a description of the work and the publication for which the award is to be given.
- After the D01 Executive Committee has approved the nomination for the award, the Secretary of Committee D01 shall advise the Awards Administrator of the Society of its decision and the Awards Administrator on behalf of the Chairman of the Board shall notify the recipient that he has been selected by Committee D01 to receive the William T. Pearce Award.
- The Award shall be conferred upon the recipient at an appropriate occasion at the discretion of the recipient by an officer of the Society or be the Chairman of Committee D01.
- The D01 Executive Committee shall have authority to decide any questions not specifically covered by these rules, and the rules may be modified upon recommendation of the Award Task Group.
AWARD TO RECIPIENTS
The William T. Pearce Award shall consist of an ASTM logo mounted on a walnut plaque, with a blue velvet background. The award shall not include a cash honorarium.
Financing of the Award is through voluntary contributions by Committee D01 members.
Search for past recipients through the ASTM International Awards and Recipients Database