Central Coir Research Institute (Coir Board)
Disclaimer: ASTM has not attempted to investigate, rate, endorse, approve or certify any listing in our online Directories, and does not represent or warrant the accuracy or veracity of the information provided. Please review the ASTM International License Agreement before using this Directory.
Central Coir Research Institute
ALAPPUZHA, Kerala, 688522
Dr. Das Anita Ravindranath
C.C.R.I. a premier research institute of COIR BOARD, an autonomous body under Ministry of MS&ME, Govt. of India, has the facilities for testing wide-width tensile properties,grab strength,trapezoid tearing strength,AOS thickness,mass per unit area and deterioration of geotextiles on exposure to light and water as per ASTM / BIS Standards. Testing of coir pith is done for its conductivity, NPK & CHOS content& phytosanitation. Indentation Hardness,Chloride,Sulphate content of Rubberized Coir mattresses. It is testing coir and coir products as per specification of Bureau of Indian Standards. CCRI is conducting research investigation on various aspects of coir and subsequent processing of coir fibre, yarn, product betterment and end uses of coir and coir products.
- ENVIRONMENTAL, BIOLOGICAL MATERIALS > Leachates
- ENVIRONMENTAL, BIOLOGICAL MATERIALS > Water: ground water, wastewater, high purity, industrial effluent, saline recycled, rain, surface, process
- TEXTILES AND FIBROUS MATERIALS AND PRODUCTS > Geotextiles
- TEXTILES AND FIBROUS MATERIALS AND PRODUCTS > Textile products, finished products and apparel
- TEXTILES AND FIBROUS MATERIALS AND PRODUCTS > Textile mill products
- ANIMAL AND PLANT PRODUCTS > Agricultural products (excluding food)
Lab Services:Product Performance
Testing Services:Biological Testing , Chemical Testing , Chromatography , Geotechnical Testing , Mechanical Testing
Equipment, Testing Capabilities, Applications:Testing equipment includes UTM (Universal Testing Machine) and Xeno test for measuring the characteristics of geotextiles as per ASTM standards. The equipment for testing the permeability of geotextiles is also installed and characterization by ASTM standards in in progress. Surface characterization is done using FT-IR Spectrophotometer and Scanning Electron Microscope. Analysis of coir pith is done using state-of- art equipments viz., Conductivity Meter, [C,H,N,S,O] analyzer, Atomic Absorption Spectrophotometer, UV /Vis Spectrophotometer, HPLC, GC-MS and Colony Counter, Differential Scanning Calorimeter (DSC) and Thermo Gravimetric Analyzer (TGA). The lab is also equipped with Refrigerated Ultracentrifuge, Freeze Drier, BOD Incubators, Laminar Air Flow, Autoclaves, and Muffle Furnace and has equipments for measuring the quality parameters such as pH,Indentation Hardness Index,Compression set, Chloride and Sulphate content and sand content of coir and coir products
Specific Tests Conducted:AATCC1641998 , ASTM D1777 , ASTM D3776 , ASTM D4355 , ASTM D4533 , ASTM D4595 , ASTM D4632 , ASTM D4751 , IS11420 , IS12503 , IS13162 , IS14293 , IS14294 , IS14596 , IS8301 , IS898 , IS9208
- 1.Recognized by Bureau of Indian Standards[BIS] for testing of coir and coir products, Australian Quarantine and Inspection Service [AQIS] for testing of coir pith, Cochin University of Science and Technology and Mahatma Gandhi University, Kottayam as a Research Centre for guiding research scholars for conferment of Ph.D. and Department of Scientific and Industrial Research, Ministry of Science and Technology, Govt. of India as a Scientific and Industrial Research Organization.
Total Staff 40
Total number of Staff with PhDs 2
Total number of PE/Scientists 7
Total number of technicians 26