Central Coir Research Institute [COIR BOARD]
Disclaimer: ASTM has not attempted to investigate, rate, endorse, approve or certify any listing in our online Directories, and does not represent or warrant the accuracy or veracity of the information provided. Please review the ASTM International License Agreement before using this Directory.
C.C.R.I. a premier research institute of COIR BOARD, an autonomous body under Ministry of MS&ME, Govt. of India, has the facilities for testing wide-width tensile properties,grab strength,trapezoid tearing strength,AOS thickness,mass per unit area and deterioration of geotextiles on exposure to light and water as per ASTM standards.Testing of coir pith is done for its conductivity, NPK & CHOS content& phytosanitation. Indentation Hardness,Chloride,Sulphate content of Rubberized Coir mattresses.
- ENVIRONMENTAL, BIOLOGICAL MATERIALS > Leachates
- ENVIRONMENTAL, BIOLOGICAL MATERIALS > Water: ground water, wastewater, high purity, industrial effluent, saline recycled, rain, surface, process
- TEXTILES AND FIBROUS MATERIALS AND PRODUCTS > Geotextiles
- TEXTILES AND FIBROUS MATERIALS AND PRODUCTS > Textile products, finished products and apparel
- TEXTILES AND FIBROUS MATERIALS AND PRODUCTS > Textile mill products
- ANIMAL AND PLANT PRODUCTS > Agricultural products (excluding food)
, Chemical Testing
, Geotechnical Testing
, Mechanical Testing
Equipment, Testing Capabilities, Applications:
Testing equipment includes UTM (Universal Testing Machine) and Xeno test for measuring the characeristics of geotextiles as per ASTM standards. The equipment for testing the permeability of geotextiles is also installed and characterization by ASTM standards in in progress. Surface characterization is done using FT-IR Spectrophotometer and Scanning Electron Microscope. Analysis of coir pith is done using state-of- art equipments viz., Conductivity Meter, [C,H,N,S,O] analyzer, Atomic Absorption Spectrophotometer, UV /Vis Spectrophotometer, HPLC, GC-MS and Colony Counter, Differential Scanning Calorimeter (DSC) and Thermo Gravimetric Analyzer (TGA). The lab is also equipped with Refrizerated Ultracentrifuge, Freeze Drier, BOD Incubators, Laminar Air Flow, Autoclaves, and Muffle Furnace.
Specific Tests Conducted:
, ASTM D4751
, ASTM D4632
, ASTM D4595
, ASTM D4533
, ASTM D3776
, ASTM D1777
- 1.Recognized by Bureau of Indian Standards[BIS] for testing of rubberized coir mattresses. 2.Recognised by Australian Quarantine and Inspection Service [AQIS] for testing of coir pith.
Total Staff 65
Total number of Staff with PhDs 2
Total number of PE/Scientists 8
Total number of technicians 17
Return to Search ResultsSearch Again