Published: Jan 1949
| ||Format||Pages||Price|| |
|PDF Version (668K)||26||$25||  ADD TO CART|
|Complete Source PDF (1.5M)||26||$55||  ADD TO CART|
The fiftieth anniversary of the invention of the parallel connection of transformers (1) and of the transformer with closed magnetic circuit (2) was celebrated in 1935 (3). The first commercial transformer built on these principles was placed in operation in Budapest, Hungary, on May 1, 1885, by three Hungarian engineers, Zipernowsky, Déri, and Bláthy, of Ganz & Co. A. G. Budapest. The following year, George Westinghouse, who correctly anticipated the possibilities of the alternating current to be realized by the transformer, commissioned William Stanley to build and operate the first American transformer at Great Barrington, Mass.
von Fuchs, George H.
Consulting Chemical Engineer, Niagara Falls, N. Y.
Paper ID: STP43962S