Published: Jan 1956
| ||Format||Pages||Price|| |
|PDF Version (484K)||20||$25||  ADD TO CART|
The use of reinforcement in concretebegan about 1850, 25 years after Joseph Aspdin's patent on portland cement. One of the earliest applications was in the construction of a small concrete boat by a Frenchman, Lambot, who took out an English patent in 1855, about the same time as Coignet (also French) took outEnglish patents on applications of reinforced concrete to structural units (2, 45, 74).
Professor and Former Head, Iowa State College, Ames, Iowa
Paper ID: STP39428S