Published: Jan 1957
| ||Format||Pages||Price|| |
|PDF (444K)||8||$25||  ADD TO CART|
|Complete Source PDF (2.3M)||8||$55||  ADD TO CART|
The building lest program was inaugurated by the Bureau of Yards and Docks in response to requests by the military services for better prefabricated buildings. The need for such a program became evident, during World War II when building demand far outstripped production. To meet this demand, production was stepped up to the point where little or no heed was being given to some of the basic design requirements. The resulting variety of buildings in production by the end of the war clearly pointed to the need for some sort of testing and standardization program.
Project Engineer, U. S. Naval Civil Engineering Research Evaluation Laboratory, Port Hueneme, Calif.
Paper ID: STP39275S