(Received 6 February 1981; accepted 2 December 1981)
Published Online: July
| ||Format||Pages||Price|| |
|PDF Version||3||$25||  ADD TO CART|
Phenol poisoning, although less common now than in the early part of this century, still occurs. The fatal cases discussed include the ingestion and percutaneous absorption of phenol. Death appeared to be the result of central nervous system toxicity and respiratory failure, the common autopsy finding being pulmonary edema. Blood concentrations of phenol were determined in two cases.
Third-year medical student, University of North Carolina School of Medicine, Chapel Hill, NC
Associate chief medical examiner, Office of the Chief Medical Examiner, Chapel Hill, NC
Stock #: JFS12184J